Connectivity gateway for your new MistAway system for monitoring and controlling your system with the use of your smartphone. Learn more here.
In addition to this Gateway:
SEE COMPATIBILITY LIST BELOW.
- We cover the annual subscription from initial connection until December 31 of this year. Thereafter annual subscriptions come due each January first. (current pricing here)
- The Gateway requires an open port on the customer's Internet router or switch. This is because it plugs directly into the Internet and communicates wirelessly out to the misting system(s) in your yard - not using your existing wireless network.
- If your system is NOT compatible -- just purchase the RETROFIT KIT instead and call us for a free update (firmware flash) to your controller.
- All new Gen III+ systems and those shipped after June 26, 2017 are compatible
- New Standard Gen 1.3 systems are not iMist2 ready.
HOWEVER -- Add Gen 1.3 Leak Protection Option to your new misting system original purchase and we'll upgrade you to a Gen 1.3 iMist2 Ready System no extra charge! Even if you never use iMist2 this is a great deal to get leak protection. We are not aware of any other dealer offering this free upgrade.
Older Gen 1.3 systems ARE NOT iMist2 ready, they require more internals found in the retrofit kit as well as a controller flash by MistAway to update the controller firmware. Buy Leak Protection AND the iMist2 RETROFIT kit and call us for the controller update.
iMist2 Retrofit Kit includes the Gateway and the misting system components to update older Gen III+ or Gen 1.3 systems. The system's controller will also need its firmware updated -- call us.
A Gateway is used to complete the Internet connection for your misting system. With it, your iMist2 Ready system can then be controlled AND monitored using a smartphone over the Internet.
The Nitty-Gritty: The iMist2 Gateway talks to the iMist2 Service using a physical connection via a cat 5 cable (included.) AND the iMist2 Gateway communicates wirelessly with your iMist2 misting system in your yard. This is why it's called a "gateway" it is the translator or gateway between two protocols. NOTE: You must have an available port on your router/switch/hub to plug in the Gateway.
The iMist2 Service is also the service your smartphone app connects with to get the information. The iMist2 Service is responsible for storing the misting system data and also for putting the data in a readable format for the smartphone so you see the last mist, performance data etc., .
Sounds complicated, but for the customer it is easy:
- Connect the Gateway to an open port on your router (or hub/switch) and a wall outlet. The Cat-5 cable and power cord are included.
- Call us to exchange some unique Gateway information that comes with the Gateway.
- We will initialize and start the Service for your MistAway equipment at the same time you put your misting system in discovery mode. VOILA!
The Service makes communications with your smartphone and system possible. As your app opens and wants to display your system's information, the backend Service does all the hard work and presents it to your phone.
So as you can see there is an entire infrastructure (the Service) behind the equipment. To keep the Service (hardware and software) operating the costs are spread out among the iMist2 users. We offer the Service for no charge until the end of the purchase calendar year, December 31. After-which it us up to the customer to subscribe at a nominal service charge.
"iMist2" -- the latest innovation from MistAway!