Connectivity gateway for your new MistAway system for monitoring and controlling your system with the use of your smartphone. Learn more here.
- In addition to this Gateway your system must be iMist2 compatible
(all new systems meet this requirement.)
There is an annual subscription charge (current pricing)
With your Gateway purchase we cover this fee for the remainder of the current year.
Subscriptions are due by January 1 of each year.
- The Gateway requires an open port on customer's Internet router or switch
- All new Gen III+ systems shipped after June 26, 2017
- The MistAway Gen 1.3 may be purchased with or without LEAK PROTECTION. When buying from us and you select the optional Leak Protection we send you a system with the iMist2 internals. Even if you never use iMist this is a great way to have leak Protection at minimum cost. We can't speak for how other vendors, but this is how we sell them.
- Standard Gen 1.3 systems ARE NOT iMist2 ready. If you add Leak Protection we'll upgrade your purchase to an iMist2 ready system. Even if you never use iMist this is a great deal to get leak protection.
Older Gen 1.3 systems ARE NOT iMist2 ready. To use iMist2 go to Options and buy Leak Protection AND the iMist2 RETROFIT kit .
iMist2 Retrofit Kit includes the Gateway and the misting system components to update older Gen III+ or Gen 1.3 systems. The system's controller will also need to be sent to the factory for a software update.
A Gateway is used to complete the Internet connection for your misting system. With it, your iMist2 Ready system can then be controlled AND monitored using a smartphone over the Internet.
The Nitty-Gritty: The iMist2 Gateway talks to the iMist2 Service using a physical connection via a cat 5 cable (included.) AND the iMist2 Gateway communicates wirelessly with your iMist2 misting system in your yard. This is why it's called a "gateway" it is the translator or gateway between two protocols. NOTE: You must have an available port on your router/switch/hub to plug in the Gateway.
The iMist2 Service is also the service your smartphone app connects with to get the information. The iMist2 Service is responsible for storing the misting system data and also for putting the data in a readable format for the smartphone so you see the last mist, performance data etc., .
Sounds complicated, but for the customer it is easy:
- Connect the Gateway to an open port on your router (or hub/switch) and a wall outlet. The Cat-5 cable and power cord are included.
- Call us to exchange some unique Gateway information that comes with the Gateway.
- We will initialize and start the Service for your MistAway equipment at the same time you put your misting system in discovery mode. VOILA!
The Service makes communications with your smartphone and system possible. As your app opens and wants to display your system's information, the backend Service does all the hard work and presents it to your phone.
So as you can see there is an entire infrastructure (the Service) behind the equipment. To keep the Service (hardware and software) operating the costs are spread out among the iMist2 users. We offer the Service for no charge until the end of the purchase calendar year, December 31. After-which it us up to the customer to subscribe at a nominal service charge.
"iMist2" -- the latest innovation from MistAway!